Celebrating intermediaries that do great work
As an intermediary, you can make a real difference to people’s lives. So if you’re one of these heroes, going further for your clients and their families, we’d like to know.
We can’t give you the key to the city, but you’ll get entered into a competition with a chance to win an Apple iPad air. And don’t worry, if you’re not a big prize winner and we still love your story, you could still get a £50 John Lewis Gift Card - we’ve got up to 10 to give away!
How to enter
To enter, all you need to do is tell us how you or a colleague have gone above and beyond to help clients with their financial protection needs*. This could be through saving them money, improving cover or ensuring they have the right protection products in place. Entries need to be submitted by the 27th September 2019.
The best story will be voted for by our Legal & General Staff. If you’re a winner or one of our runners up, we’ll be in touch to get further details to verify your story and where to send your prize.
Keep up the good work!
Enter your story
When completing the entry form below, make sure your story demonstrates: The value of an intermediary, showing the value of protection and delivering a positive outcome for customers. Also, don’t include any information which could identify your customer or the nominated adviser, if you’re nominating a colleague in this entry form. All customers must remain completely anonymous on these forms to ensure compliance with GDPR. Should your entry be successful for our shortlist, we may ask you for further details at that point in time. We will only ask you for these details to enable us to validate information in shortlisted entries.
Please tick the below boxes to advise that you have read and agree with the below statements:
I agree to the Terms & conditions
I confirm that I have permission from the agent I am nominating to enter them into this competition.
I agree for Legal & General to use my details as indicated in their consent statement in all media formats throughout the world, to be used on media channels managed or approved by Legal & General Group Assurance Society Limited (Legal & General)
As part of our Hero in the Middle Competition we will be sharing the entry stories collated as part of our campaign to show the value of an adviser and protection.
When sharing your story we can make it anonymous however if you were to become a winner/runner up of the competition we would love to make you a feature of our marketing campaign. This would require us using some of your personal details when talking about your story and the competition.
By ticking the consent box, you give your consent for us to use your information within our marketing activities. As per your individual rights under GDPR, you can subsequently withdraw your consent at any time.
Using your story within our marketing activities means we will do the following:
- Use of full name in L&G marketing materials
- Use of company name and the network in Legal & General marketing materials
- Use of work location in Legal & General marketing materials
We may re-write the stories to fit the style of the campaign however your story facts will remain the same.
We may also contact you to seek approval to use your photograph and/or to be filmed talking through your story. This will be used in Legal & General marketing as part of this campaign.
Hero in the Middle Terms and Conditions
- To enter this competition, entrants must submit a story of how they or a colleague have helped a customer with protecting their finances via protection products, General Insurance (GI) products stories are excluded from this competition. The story must demonstrate the Value of Protection, the Value of Intermediary and how it delivered a positive customer outcome.
- The story must be submitted via a Legal & General webpage www.herointhemiddle.co.uk/adviser-2019
- All entrants must provide their name, contact details including phone number and email.
- All entrants must be over 18.
- This competition is open to financial advisers and non-advised agents involved in the distribution of protection policies, who work and live in mainland UK only, sales support staff can also nominate an eligible entrant for the competition.
- Employees or agents of Legal & General and their families, and any other person acting in connection with this competition, are ineligible to participate.
- Entries considered by Legal & General to have been submitted in an unsportsmanlike manner and/or contain offensive or harmful content, will not be included in the competition. Legal & General’s decision in this regard is final.
- One prize will be allocated to the winner of the competition. This prize will be an Apple iPad Air (the 2019 Apple iPad Air 10.5", A12 Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi, 64GB). There will be up to 10 runner-up prizes of a John Lewis Gift Card for the value of £50 each. There is no cash alternative to the prize. Legal & General reserves the right to substitute with a prize of equal value. In exceptional circumstances if one winner can’t be chosen Legal & General may decide to award one additional Apple iPad Air to another winner, this will not affect the amount of runner up prizes on offer.
- The competition will close for entries on 27th September 2019 at midnight (entries after midnight on 27th September will not be included in the competition).
- One winner and the runners up will be selected by a Legal & General staff vote against a criteria of:
a. Value of Protection – The intermediary demonstrates the value of protection to the customers resulting in them purchasing protection, for example use of customer testimonials, infographics.
b. Value of Intermediary – The intermediary plays a key role in helping the customer acquire the right protection to meet their needs, for example providing advice, removing barriers to make the process simple and straightforward.
c. Positive customer outcome – There is a clearly visible positive customer outcome, for example the customer saves money, benefited
from included services and/or later needed protection that resulted in a claim – benefiting the customer or their family.
- Legal & General will contact the winner and runners by phone and/or email within 30 days of the closing date. Legal & General may wish to verify the stories and may request information from the participants to verify the entry before the winners are announced. Legal & General may exclude a story from the competition if the winner or runner up is unable to provide the information that is needed to verify it.
- Once the winner and runners up have been notified and responded with the required information within the required timescales, Legal & General will aim to dispatch the prizes to their chosen address within 30 days.
- The prize winning entries will be published by Legal & General on each of the Legal & General’s @landg_business Twitter account, Legal & General LinkedIn account https://www.linkedin.com/company/legal-&-general/, and to Intermediary network staff via their Network internal channels.
- By entering the competition each entrant gives their permission for Legal & General to store and use their entries, submitted as part of the competition (in their original format or edited/altered in any way Legal & General deems appropriate) for any of its UK commercial or non-commercial purposes in all and any media, including Legal & General’s printed publications, promotional materials, on Legal & General’s websites and social media channels.
- Legal & General will contact the winner and runners up to discuss the best way to share their story. We will not share any third parties name in the public domain without seeking the third parties permission first.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You acknowledge that the promoter is Legal & General and, by entering the competition, you agree to release each of Google, Facebook and Twitter (and their respective affiliates) from all liability related to this promotion to the full extent permitted by law. You should direct all queries relating to this promotion to Legal & General (contact details below).
- Legal & General contact details: Legal & General Assurance Society Limited, registered in England and Wales under company no. 166055 with its registered office at: One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.